SCOPE OF DR. DUZYUREK'S PRACTICE
Based on his training and areas of expertise, clinical focus, and experience, conditions that Dr. Duzyurek treats and the issues he addresses include:
- Mood Disorders (Depressive only, Bipolar, and Other Mood Disorders)
- Anhedonia, or other Reward-Processing Deficit, as a primary problem, or as an aspect of certain other conditions
- Anxiety Disorders (such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder; Social Anxiety Disorder; Paruresis or Shy Bladder Syndrome; Panic Disorder; Phobias; Adult Separation Anxiety)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and OCD-Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Complex PTSD, and Adjustment Disorders
- Problems related to Various Dimensions of Human Sexuality and Sexual Functioning
- Men's Issues (relational; occupational; existential; self-esteem, self-confidence, or body image related)
- Health Anxiety, Somatoform and Stress-Sensitive Physical Health Conditions, Psychosomatics; Psycho-endocrinological Issues; Body Image Difficulties
- Various Forms of Addictions (involving substances and/or activities)
- Psychiatric Aspects of Physical Health Conditions (such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, HIV disease, cancer, stroke, Parkinson's disease, obesity)
- Concussion or Traumatic Brain Injury Related Syndromes and Problems
- Neurocognitive Disorders, such as Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementias
- Psychotic Illnesses (such as Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder)
- Relationship Difficulties
- Self-Esteem Regulation Difficulties
- Bereavement / Grief / Loss
- End of Life and Death with Dignity Issues / Thanatology
- Emotional Self-Regulation, Interpersonal Boundary Management, Anger Modulation, Interpersonal Over-reactivity, Identity Consolidation, and Attachment Difficulties
- Existential Dilemmas, Predicaments and Decisional Distress
BASIC APPROACHES and TREATMENT MODALITIES EMPLOYED BY DR. DUZYUREK
Advanced Psychopharmacological Treatment
Dr. Duzyurek, certified to practice Advanced Clinical Psychopharmacology by the American Society for Clinical Psychopharmacology and with a quarter century academic and clinical experience, is able to offer expertise in the most advanced and cutting-edge treatment options, when needed, tailored to a particular patient. This may include options such as ketamine for persistent unipolar or bipolar depression that is not helped through other treatments.
Psychotherapies (Individual and Group)
- Individual Psychotherapies integrated with biomedical treatment.
- Integration of various therapeutic modalities tailored to the phase of treatment, and the specifics of a given issue or individual.
- Metacognitive Therapy, as an organizing principle in the integrative treatment of various anxiety and depressive disorders, particularly in the treatment of the obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders. For general information on the Metacognitive Therapy from the MCT Institute click here.
- Group Psychotherapy with a here-and-now focus, and an experiential, process-oriented, and interpersonal psychodynamic approach.
- Existential Humanistic Therapies.
Medical Evaluation, Advice, and Counseling, including relevant blood tests
Transcranial Magnetic Neuromodulatory Treatment (rTMS)
Genetic Testing for guiding and refining treatment options, as needed. For more information on pharmacogenetic testing options employed by Dr. Duzyurek, click on these links: Option 1 and Option 2
AGE GROUPS TREATED
Older adolescents and all adult age groups